Join the UPROAR team
UPROAR is a global team of wildlife enthusiasts and conservationists with a passion and drive to change the world. We believe in the power of storytelling to change the way people view and interact with the wild world around us. We are always looking for the next team member who is ready to put their talents and love of wildlife to work to help us change the world.
▸ SOCIAL CONTENT PRODUCER/EDITOR
UPROAR is a new ad-supported, short form, mobile centric media company with a mission to tell stories about the amazing world we live in, inspiring people to share, connect and get involved and providing them with simple ways to do so. We are focused on capturing, presenting, promoting and telling great moments and adventures from the natural world. UPROAR is a platform driven by stories that connects people with causes they care about, enabling individuals to make a difference in the world and to rebrand conservation as fiercely optimistic rather than doom and gloom.
Other companies present nature and wildlife in amazingly compelling ways, and it is very popular content (Planet Earth, National Geographic etc.), but none of them have set out to change the world the way we have. We are a startup company with a highly seasoned and award-winning founding leadership team of executive level people from the worlds of media, wildlife conservation, technology, and social media/production. We are building a team to do something special and looking for like-minded trail blazers to join us with a spirit of enthusiasm, optimism, and faith.
The UPROAR Approach
We generate high production value content highlighting not just wildlife but the people behind conservation, and share it with communities online via YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc., distributing and promoting UPROAR content to become THE mobile place for wildlife. We inspire audiences to show up, feeding their passion for adventure and the natural world, tantalizing them into deeper experiences, and connecting them to wildlife entrepreneurs through the UPROAR Marketplace.
The UPROAR Marketplace provides a platform for our audience to discover deeper experiences that can access, buy or participate in - ranging from travel to supporting and donating to their favorite species, professionals, or organizations. Our objective is to build the world's largest catalog of wildlife entrepreneurs, conservation projects, scientists, professionals, organizations and more. This is where our viewers turn into our engaged community “ecosystem” to do good things for the world.
UPROAR is the place for wildlife stories on the web.
UPROAR is looking for Video Producer/Editors to join the team to work part-time on creating digital video content for social platforms and YouTube. We are seeking talented multi-skilled producer/editors who are passionate about wildlife conservation and have the skillset to lead creative, edit, and deliver short form social video content derived from UPROAR’s existing content archive.
The Producer/Editor will be proactive and enthusiastic and will play a key role as the creator of UPROAR’s social content. This role includes conceptualizing content ideas pulled from the video archive, development with key people at UPROAR, editing, creating and implementing graphics, uploading content to social platforms, and other basic editing skills. This role will work with the UPROAR Social Media Coordinator as well as other members of the UPROAR team. Ideally, the candidates will be passionate about volunteering to help spread wildlife and conservation awareness.
- Conceptualize relevant, compelling story pitches.
- Produce and edit stories based on archive footage.
- Video editing skills - (editing, basic graphics, inline color and sound correction).
- Work closely with the Head of Content and the Social Media Coordinator as part of the creative approach for all projects.
- Experience and knowledge of different video formats, video compression rates, etc.
- Creative eye for pulling together stories and curating provided footage.
- Uploading of final approved content to social platforms and YouTube.
- Possibility of work on longer form content and projects.
- Passion for wildlife and conservation.
- 2-5 years of experience as a producer/editor preferred.
- High level of proficiency in digital video post-production
- Ability to troubleshoot quickly.
- Knowledge of Facebook and YouTube platforms and content management systems, and other social platforms (IG, Twitter, Snapchat).
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Exceptional team player and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with access to your own editing suite.
- Desire to jump in to an exciting new venture with a spirit of camaraderie and passion.
Please send a resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▸ SOCIAL Media Manager
Location: Preferably London, NY/Washington DC- But we can consider other locations for the best person. Initially working remotely.
A global media company focusing in wildlife and conservation, we are building a large community, enabling individuals to make a difference in the world and to participate in something bigger than themselves.
We tell short stories about the amazing world we live in, inspiring viewers to engage and participate in a variety of impactful ways.
Audiences are no longer passive viewers. We connect a global community of curious and influential people united by passion about nature and wildlife. We enable engagement with conservationists, projects and experiences through our transactional platform, called UPROAR Action, providing opportunities to act and drive positive change.
We are developing three content verticals, in factual genres that have yet to reach online audiences at scale – with an initial focus on wildlife and conservation. We highlight species and the great characters, organizations and stories that join forces for them
Other companies may present nature and wildlife in amazingly compelling ways, and it is very popular content (Planet Earth, National Geographic etc.), but none of them have set out to change the world the way we have. We are a start-up company with a highly seasoned and award-winning founding leadership team of executive level people from the worlds of media, wildlife conservation, technology, and social media/production. We are building a team to do something special and looking for like-minded entrepreneurs to join us with a spirit of enthusiasm, optimism.
The UPROAR Approach
We generate high production value content highlighting not just wildlife but the people behind conservation, and share it with communities online via YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc., distributing and promoting UPROAR content to become THE mobile place for wildlife.
The UPROAR Action provides a platform for our audience to discover deeper experiences that can access, buy or participate in - ranging from travel to supporting and donating to their favourite species, professionals, or organizations. Our objective is to build the world's largest catalogue of wildlife entrepreneurs, conservation projects, scientists, professionals, organizations and more.
UPROAR is the place for wildlife stories on the web. UPROAR team’ credentials and experience are second to none.
UPROAR is looking for creative and resourceful Social Media Manager who understands the wildlife and conservation space and can help implement and maintain UPROAR’s brand and voice across all relevant social platforms.
Initially the role will be on a freelance basis, but will required at least 15 to 20 hours a week, to then convert the position in a full-time role after few months.
The Social Media Manager will help build and increase UPROAR’s social footprint and presence, build buzz around new programs and initiatives, drive community engagement, and stay on the pulse of what is happening in the wildlife and conservation space in social media. The ideal candidate has knowledge of current social platform features, has great ideas for growing the UPROAR community, and is passionate about helping to spread wildlife and conservation awareness.
UPROAR social media manager should be motivated by being part of the team working to launch a new platform. The benefits from successfully taking on this position include experience working with a world-class team on a powerful mission; potential exposure for your work; and connecting work experience with a passion for wildlife conservation.
- Understand UPROAR’s goals, audience, and voice in social media
- Daily coordination with a London based digital media agency which has been engaged to manage YT channel, Instagram and Facebook
- Develop and implement innovative, results-driven growth strategies across UPROAR’s social media accounts
- Research and curate images, videos, and creator channels that align with UPROAR’s mission and brand voice
- Research, write, edit, and proofread copy for all social platforms
- Manage and maintain internal social media programming calendars
- Schedule and execute on daily social media posts across all social media channels
- Monitor and engage in brand related conversations with UPROAR’s community
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and new technologies
- Forge strong relationships with social media influencers in wildlife, nature, conservation space
- Work closely with team leads to develop content for social platforms
- Regularly report insights gained from monitoring performance to internal stakeholders
- Bi-weekly conference call with Agency and UPROAR partners.
- 1-3 years of concentrated experience in social media
- Deep interest in the wildlife / conservation space
- High taste level and keen eye for wildlife and nature aesthetics
- Proficient in writing, blogging, communications, or relevant field
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Creative thinker who can problem solve
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Exceptional team player and can-do attitude
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Experience working with philanthropy and non-profit is a plus
- Any language beyond English is highly welcome